Our Commitment To Privacy
At Yumi EcoSolutions, we are committed to protecting your privacy online. Our pledge is to safeguard any personal information that you provide us, and to make every reasonable effort to use this information only as you choose.
Scope of This Notice
The goal of this Privacy Notice is to advise you of the online privacy practices of Yumi EcoSolutions and to describe the choices you have about the way the information collected on this site is used.
Information You Explicitly Provide
In order to make use of some of the services provided by Yumi EcoSolutions, you will be asked to provide certain personally identifiable information to us such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, and phone number. You can choose not to provide this information but then you might not be able to participate in some of our services or offerings.
Information We Automatically Collect
We use common internet technologies such as cookies and beacons to ensure the integrity of our site and to customize portions of the site for you.
- Cookies: Cookies are small pieces of information stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive, at a web site’s request. Yumi EcoSolutions cookies do not contain any personal information, but are used primarily as follows:
- Web Beacons: We also place small “tracker gifs” or “beacons” on many of the pages on our website and in our e-mail. We use these beacons, in connection with cookies, to collect non-personal data on the usage of our site including but not limited to the date and time of the visit, the pages visited and the referring web page. This information is collected and analyzed as a whole.
Using your Information
Yumi EcoSolutions only uses your personal information to conduct business with you. Some examples include:
- creating and maintaining accounts;
- answering your e-mail; or
- communicating with you.
We also use this personal information to provide you with information related to your account, to better understand your needs and interests, to improve our service and to personalize communications.
Does Yumi EcoSolutions Share the Information It Receives?
Your personally identifiable information will not be rented or sold to any third party. Yumi EcoSolutions may share your personal information as follows:
- Companies who work on our behalf: We contract with other companies to perform business support functions on our behalf, which may involve limited access to your personal information. We require these companies to use the information only to provide the contracted services; they are prohibited from transferring the information to another party except as needed to provide those services.
- Yumi EcoSolutions’ subsidiaries and joint ventures: A subsidiary or a joint venture is an organization in which Yumi EcoSolutions owns at least a 50% interest. If Yumi EcoSolutions shares your information with a subsidiary or joint venture partner, Yumi EcoSolutions will require that they not transfer your information to another party for marketing purposes or use your information contrary to your expressed choices. If you have indicated that you do not want to receive any marketing information from Yumi EcoSolutions, we will not share your information with our subsidiary or joint venture partner for their marketing purposes.
- Business Transfers: Yumi EcoSolutions reserves the right to transfer your personal information in connection with the sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets. If the business is sold or transferred, Yumi EcoSolutions will give you an opportunity to tell us not to transfer your personal information. In some cases, this may mean that the new organization will not be able to continue providing to you the services or products that Yumi EcoSolutions provided.
- Law Enforcement: Yumi EcoSolutions may disclose personal information to third parties without your consent for any of the following reasons: to comply with any law, regulation or court order, to cooperate with Government investigations, to help prevent fraud or to enforce or protect the rights of Yumi EcoSolutions or its subsidiaries.
- With Your Consent: In all other cases, Yumi EcoSolutions will obtain your express consent before sharing your information with third parties. For example, Yumi EcoSolutions may conduct a joint offer or contest with a third party and you will be asked whether your personal information should be shared with that third party.
Your Choices about Receiving E-mail
Yumi EcoSolutions may send you e-mail in response to your questions. Yumi EcoSolutions and its subsidiaries may also send you e-mail with information and/or special offers about products and services that may be of interest to you, unless you indicate you do not want to receive them. We will give you an opportunity to let us know your preference regarding the receiving of promotional e-mail when you register for a service, when you provide us with your personal information, or when we send you e-mail. If you choose not to accept this promotional e-mail, you may not receive special offers that may be of value to you. This option applies to promotional e-mail only, as we may find it necessary to send you e-mail relating to your account or order. Promotional e-mail that you receive from Yumi EcoSolutions will tell you how to decline receiving future promotional e-mail.
Protecting Your Information
Yumi EcoSolutions implements a variety of administrative, managerial, and technical security measures to help protect your personal information. However, while we strive to protect your personal information, you must also take steps to protect your information. We urge you to take every precaution to protect your personal information while you are on the Internet.
Choice and Control
You are ultimately in control of the personally-identifiable information you provide to us on our site. For example, you can always change your preference for follow-up contacts just by e-mailing the Online Team at the address listed below or by changing the information in Your Profile section of the site. Or, if you prefer, you can cancel your registration altogether and we will take prompt steps to remove your personally-identifiable information from our database. E-mail the Online team at the address listed below if you wish to take this action.
Important Note to Kids
Before providing your name, address, e-mail address, or any other personal information to anyone on the Internet, be sure to ask your parents if it’s OK.
We might permit a child to send us an e-mail. We will respond to or deliver these e-mails, but we do not store the names, e-mail addresses, or the e-mails themselves in our operational database. We do not maintain this information, nor do we share it with third parties (other than support service companies as described above).
Under federal law, websites directed to children under 13 are prohibited from conditioning a child’s participation in an activity on the child’s disclosing more personal information than is reasonably necessary to engage in the activity. We comply fully with this requirement.
Upon proper identification, any parent can review any personal information we have collected from their child, if we are still maintaining the information in our operational database. They may also request that the information be deleted from our database, and refuse to permit further collection or use of their child’s information. If you are a parent and wish to exercise these rights, please contact the Online Team as described below.
Some Yumi EcoSolutions web sites contain links to and from other web sites and Yumi EcoSolutions is not responsible for the privacy practices of those web sites. Yumi EcoSolutions encourages you to ascertain the privacy practices of those web sites.
Updates To This Privacy Notice
We may change or update portions of this Privacy Notice at any time and without prior notice to you. Please check back from time to time so you are aware of any changes or updates to the notice. We will indicate the notice’s effective date on the first page of the notice.
How To Contact Us
Yumi EcoSolutions, Inc.
66 Fort Point Street
Norwalk, CT 06855-1217
Attention: Legal Department
(9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday.)
We’ll be happy to answer your questions or hear your concerns.
Copyright 2016 Yumi EcoSolutions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.